Thursday, September 1, 2011





interview of Zainab Qayum


Zainab Qayum aka ZQ is one of the most talented female stars of our country. She is a top model, a talented actress and needs no introduction. She was crowned “Best Model of the Year 2004′in Lux Style Awards and won the” Most Stylish TV Actress Award’in Indus Style Awards 2006. Read on to learn about point ZQ’s vision on career, marriage, politics and more.





Zainab Qayum

Zainab Qayum






1. Tell us about your background and your journey into the world of modeling?
My family is from Kohat and I was born in Karachi. I did my O levels in Karachi and then moved to Lahore to do my BA and MA I learned in ‘Grammar school’ for one year before he libass as assistant editor. I worked there for two years and did my masters again for another two years. I have models for the past fourteen years.


2. Modelling is your great career. Will you still long?
I am delighted that the new crop of models is coming soon and they will take our place. Until the transfer takes place I think I have one year to go. I focus more on my plays this day.


3. Talking about the present Pakistani modeling scene, why do not we get to see many new faces compared to India.
First, compare the people of India and Pakistan and their provinces and states. It’s a bigger country than Pakistan. Models in India are coming from everywhere from Madras and Bengal. They have two Miss Universe and Miss World from Bengal. India has so many regions. In Pakistan you can forget the province of NWFP and Baluchistan, which are tribal areas and feudal families who have not let their girls model for whatever reason. The girls who model can be from Punjab or Sindh. It is still not easy for girls to go modeling in these provinces, as a profession. People put you down with comments like “no one will marry you, you will have no reputation and all, etc ‘. But things have changed considerably.


4. But why is it so in our culture?
Our culture does not allow modeling. We managed to put the Pakistani fashion scene on the world map with great difficulty. We get more nowadsys permission. There were many more restrictions. There are so many prejudices and stereotypes about the modeling, it is very difficult to break. I refer to the general public, as well as members of highly educated families. They would rather have their daughters become rocket scientists and dentists than models. Even I agree that modeling is not a full time job, one must complete their training. A fall back is necessary because in the modeling of the fun lasts only five to six years. This is my fourteenth year, but you can not drag it longer than this. The essence of modeling is constantly changing.


5. Will you ever encourage your daughter to be a model?
Being a 21-century woman, I will ingrain proper values ​​in my daughter and make sure they do not let her education suffer. If she wants a pilot will let her do it. I’ll let her do it.
I think this is where parents go wrong. My mother gave me full permission knowing that she had taught me all about good and evil. If you have given your children a good education and taught them the right values, there should be no problems. There is nothing wrong in modeling. If I had seen something wrong with the modeling should stop before I ask my daughter to stop.


6. Do you see Pakistan taking part in Miss Universe and Miss World competitions in the next 5-10 years?
We can not unless they respect our values, we can not go through the swimsuit round. Anita Ayub tried, but it just does not work that way. It is not in our culture. It can not happen. We have beautiful women. Even the Indians themselves say. There are so many Indian actors and directors who come here and they all say that Pakistani women are gorgeous, even without makeup.


7. Does religion hinder?
Of course! And I do not think we should bring this religion because there is a never ending debate. I think if that is conscious is clear that it is ok, I know that my conscious is clear. I know I do not flaunt my body I’m actually modeling the clothes. It depends on the audience or they come to my body or my clothes look. It’s all about intentions.


8. Who is your favorite Pakistani designer? Whose clothes would you like to wear for your wedding?
I’ve worked with everyone in this industry, the incumbent’s and the newcomers. I would love to get married in just my jeans and T-shirt. I think I become a bride more than 3000 times.


9. When are you planning to get married?
“I think Abhishek, John Abraham and Brad Pitt are busy now.” It’s not about when I want to marry. When it is intended to be, it will be. Probably when I was the right man. To Hoga Kuch Kuch tou hojaye GA!


10. Zhalay We encourage you to approach the modeling instead of acting. Why?
No special reason. Zhalay I met on the set of Marina Khan’s’ Dhoop’which she did for ARY. If she is tall and has a good figure, I suggested to her that she should try modeling. I thought that along with acting she can take modeling.


11. Which do you prefer acting / modeling compereing or do?
If I was hosting a very one hundred percent me. I’m not much of a marketing effort. I love talking, I love talking, or is it my friend or mother. Compereing not working for me. I have been modeling for such a long time to change clothes, change the slope, the choreography changes but basically you’re just walking. It’s all very natural. Acting is very challenging and I love it. Each time is like a different character and you have to internalize. Kill your personality and really into the person you play. I’m not complaining, but since my life is so smooth and boring that one of these stormy relationships and love triangles is very exciting.


12. Tell us about your upcoming projects?
I just finished ‘Kabhi after kabhi’for ARY which I did with Indian superstars (ones from Star Plus) are in Mudghal Tina Tariq and Shubha. Riyasat on air. I have two projects with Avenue. One is called “Torah Torah pyar’where I am staring with Mohammad Rana and one is with Jibran. These will be broadcast on Hum.


13. If you have a supply from India in the near future, would you do?
I would like to do an Indian film, but they have to think that I really good enough. I would like to do it with big banners like Karan Johar, Yash Chopra and Sanjay Leela Bhansali, but they must keep in mind that I will not do any anti Pakistani movies. I do not like to wear mini and I will not kiss-there are so many restrictions. If someone has a truly beautiful and mind blowing idea and keeps my limitations in mind, I would do it. At the end of the day, I am representing my country is very patriotic, I will not try to its reputation in any way affect.


14. So no plans to Lollywood and promote your country.
You know the current state of Lollywood. Unfortunately … You see we are responsible for the fashion industry for the past 14 years, we have a long way, we fought, we helped to develop. It is up to the Lollywood stars to develop their industry. Now I work for TV, the silver screen to care Lollywood Lollywood. They could make it good enough for us to get involved.


15. On the day down what you would like to advise the upcoming models and actresses of Pakistan.
Not loose your head if you get the chance and if you’re lucky to get to what matters.
Hard work, there are no shortcuts to get to the pinnacle of success. Just work very hard and what you meant to you like, but remember who you are. Not lose yourself. At the end of the day, the lights go out, everyone goes home, the make-up taken of your face and that is the real you. Do not ever loose that person!



No comments:

Post a Comment