Sunday, July 17, 2011

GRYF FASHION SHOW 2011


GRYF FASHION SHOW 2011

I was positively surprised by the high level of the competition. Before Szczecin Fashion Weekend, I googled up all the competitors and I found out that almost none of them existed in the web. Only some not-working or not updated since 2008 websites. I tend to think (and I’m quite sure I’m right) that web marketing is nowadays crucial, especially in fashion area. Therefore, I was expecting amatours – either people who are in the very beginning of their careers or people who know nothing about what they’re doing.

After all, who else would start in competition you can win 500 euro in? Making a collection can be more expensive.  Therefore, I was really surprised I actually liked the collections. They were good. Mostly.


Marita Bobko
Pret-a-porter category won Marita Bobko – she is the one with website updated in 2008. Hurry up, girl, I know 500 euros is not enough even for a good webmaster, but at least put that music off. I must confess, I don’t agree with the jury. Marita Bobko is – probably – a great cloth designer, but not a fashion designer. Her collection was good, proper, coherent, trendy, but there was nothing special there, nothing I would remember the next morning.

Anna Syczewska-Grabowska
Personally, my favourite competitor in this category was Anna Syczewska-Grabowska. Although I didn’t understand much from the description of the collection, and what I DID understand from the description, I didn’t find in the collection, I still liked it. It was spectacular, coherent, but not  humdrum.  Deep greens, greys,  red furs.  The collection fits autumn/winter trends but still stays very original.  The author got a special proce founded by  HEXELINE.

Aleksandra Błasiak
Aleksandra Błasiak, presented hanadmade collection of dresses and suits made of silks and laces. Unforunately, jury apparently wasn’t found of handicraft this time.
I almost completly forgot the  Premier Vision category even before the end of the evening, what means most of the collections were good but dull. I remember only two – the best (this time I agree with jury) and the worst one.

Gavel Grzegorski
Gavel Grzegorski – when I checked up his website before the competition, it didn’t work correctly, exepct for logo and google ads. On Monday it was fine, what means that Gaveł is probably the best amoung the competitors as far as self promotion is concerned. That’s good. Perhaps this would give him some chances in this business, because he won’t accomplish much thanks to these clothes.  The collection is gothic-futuristic. It is supposed to be dedicated to
People with open minds and hearts who would understand the innovative, dedicated to the future concept.
Well, that means it’s not dedicated to me. Because one have to be able to look into the very very distant future to see the times in which leggins, leather, minimalistic knit-wear and feathers will be considered innovative again.

Malgorzata Jachowicz
The best was Malgorzata Jachowicz; her collection proves that one can be spectacular and minimalistic in the same time. The collection was inspired by birds and strait-jacked.  All in white, except for black gloves with bird-like claws. The cloths vere loose but with stiff elements, very carefully constructed.
The Haute couture category was won by  Monika Blazusiak, who presented  fantastic collection called “About Stripes”. Something like leather armour, carefully constructed and very well styled.

Monika Blazusiak
Also, Aurelia Fąfara’s collection is worth mentioning. Very comfortable, very user-frendly woolen clothes, with beautiful fancy-work.

Aurelia Fafara
Other collections were at least good/decent. Event’s orgazation was very good. After all those badly organized and poorly performed events that I have been attending lately Szczecin Fashion Weekend was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment