Sunday, July 17, 2011

LAMPERIA BY LUKASZ STACHOWICZ


LAMPERIA BY LUKASZ STACHOWICZ


As promised here is the interview with Lukasz Stachowicz – the winner of Cracow Fashion Awards 2011. After the interview enjoy the photo gallery of “Lamperia” collection – his diploma collection that beside the main statue has received few additional prizes.

FASHIONER (F): During the Cracow Fashion Awards I have heard accusations that your collection is very “retail”. But it’s inspiration is telling a different thing – what exactly has inspired you?
Lukasz Stachowicz (L.S.): Some wise person once said that “fashion is an art that we are seeing everyday“. When I have started to think about my diploma collection I knew that I want to create something suitable for everyday use. Those comments shows that I managed to do that. Of course I do not want to create pieces for mass production. Person that will buy any piece from my collection will feel that from the one side it is a unique design and from the other it is a practical and usable cloth. It is very hard to create classic collection that at the same time has something unique in it. The inspiration was inside me and in my emotions. It was also in the form of all troubles in gathering funds needed for the collection, it was the every single day from the moment when I started to think how to express a piece of me in the collection. In my opinion every true artist is in some way an exhibitionist and thanks to that he is able to create genuine pieces.
F: I have to congratulate you – collection that is catching eye on the catwalk and is practical for everyday use – it is not an usual view. Were there any pulbacks and starting over during the creation process?
L.S.: At the beginning I had many ideas and was unsure which way I want to go. In the end I thought that I simply have to create something personal. From that point (April 2010) overall conception has not changed. I started to make drawing on paper scraps, in notebooks, on cafe handkerchiefs. In September 2010 I was ready to put it all together and design in detail all outfits. I have to admit that I was very afraid of that moment.
F: How looked your everyday work on the collection?
L.S.: Since May 2010 I thought about the collection everyday. I have searched for inspirations by memorizing my trips, by listening to my favorite music. In September 2010 when whole collection has been transfered onto paper boards I started to look for proper fabrics and to work with a tailor.
F: What emotions have you been experiencing during the diploma show itself?
L.S.: Everything what happened on the stage I remember as through a fog… Only from my friends I have heard that I had been awarded nine times! During the first few days after the show when I looking at the table just to check is the main prize is really mine. I was (and still I am!) very proud and happy. I was especially happy as something that for 2,5 years was pure abstraction to my parents now ended which such success. It is a grand prize for me, I feel as I have won on many levels.
F: Does Cracow Fashion Award has already opened any doors for you? Do you have any professional plans after  the graduation?
L.S.: After receiving all those prize I am surely feel more confident in creating as the collection has been picked up by many people involved in the fashion for years. The main prize is also a warning that now I will have to work harded to created better designs. Has it opened any doors? I think that at least the small ones – I have already started to think about my new collection. Hopefully I will not fail.
F: The Lamperia collection was mainly for men. What do you think about the general style of Polish men? Personally I am seeing negligence and ignorance of fashion. Will you try to change anything with that?
L.S.: I will try but not to force any change. I will try by proposing something bolder that is a divergence from conservative form. What I have in mind is an outfit that communicates mentality of man wearing it. Polish men style is often conservative and purely accidental. It can be connected with the lack of awareness that your outfit is the first message sent to another person.
F: What are you memories of 2,5 years in SAPU (Cracow School of Art & Fashion Design)? Would you recommend this school to others?
L.S.: Years in SAPU was a wonderful period of my life that will not come back. I came to this school after the Secondary School with hardly any practical knowledge. But the hard work gave wonderful results. I can recommend SAPU to everyone who things that he/she has some potential. 2,5 yeras is enough to form end expand your sensitivity and style. When the teachers will see that you care they will guide you and support. SAPU is a great chance for people that for various reasons were unable to attend at Academy of Fine Arts.
F: Thank you for your time.
Enjoy the photo gallery with diploma session of the Lamperia collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment