Thursday, September 1, 2011





Interview of Hema Malini


Dreamgirl Hema Malini shows an ageless 60 on October 16 and her daughters – Esha and Ahana – have planned a grand birthday party where all her close friends will be present, and only a good friend of the film industry – Rekha.





Hema Malini

Hema Malini






Hema said: – “I have the birthday party for Saturday when I came back from the Tirupati temple after my annual visit to all my relatives I was like a birthday party each year for that family and friends are invited.”.


“My good friends are all from outside the industry, except Rekha. I’ll just call her. We are very fond of each other over the years. We are colleagues and friends for decades. I’ve invited her. I hope they comes, “she added.


Hema and Rekha featured in Feroz Khan “Dharmatma”, but they do not have any scenes together.


The actress, who is gearing up to play former Gwalior queen Vijayaraje Scindia in the movie “Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi”, says she had her first birthday when she was 16.


1. So what makes this birthday so special?
You tell me. People like you make it special for me. Believe it or not, I did not know what a birthday was until I was 16 years old. I do not remember any birthday party as a child. Even that 16th birthday party was organized by my producer Ananthswamy who discovered me and gave me a chance to “Sapnon Ka Saudagar”. It was when he insisted I have a birthday party, I realized, ‘My God, you have party on your birthday? ”


2. What do you mean?
My mother never celebrated my or mine or my brother’s birthday. I do not know why! Looking back it seems so funny. Sad, huh? I think birthdays are big in North India is not as big in the South.


3. So after 16 you became addicted to birthday parties?
If you get a star, everyone is eager to celebrate your birthday. There was a cake on the sets, co-artists sing for me. I went looking for my birthdays.


4. So how do you in your birthday this year?
It started nicely enough two evening earlier with the ‘mahurat’ of ‘Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi “where I play Rajmata Vijayraje Scindia. I met Vinod Khanna, my parliamentarian colleague who plays my co-star. He is looking so good these days. We had done one of my favorite films “Meera” together many years ago. Now we do another film in the same Rajasthani ambience.
You have not changed at all since “Meera”.
Neither has Vinod Khanna.


5. What about the birthday party?
I have kept that for Saturday when I come back from Tirupati after my annual birthday visit with all my relatives. I want a birthday party each year for that family and friends are invited. Everyone is so busy with their lives. This is a moment during the years when I am able to see all the people who matter to meet me.


6. And who are they?
My good friends are all from outside the industry, except Rekha. I’ll just call her. We are very fond of each other for years. We are colleagues and friends for decades. I’ve invited her. I hope she comes.


7. Who is planning the party?
Esha and Ahana. Everything is organized by them while I’m off to Tirupati with about 15 of my relatives including the brother.


8. Will Dharamji at the party?
Of course he will. What do you mean? He should be there.


9. And your fans, how they get on your birthday?
There are some fans for years who would go crazy if I do not let them wish me. I make a point to their call to be on my birthday. There is a lady from Nasik Lata Shirk. She is so fond of me. She sends all kinds of gifts like perfumes. I really value this kind of love. And if you say that nobody in the industry speaks badly of me I feel my life is worth.


10. When you visited Tirupati on your birthday you pray?
I have hardly anything to ask. I just want the right things in life. And create new opportunities for myself. I feel God with me all the time. I would also like to produce a film with Esha in the lead. I do not know why this does not happen as fast as I want.


11. What gift would you like this birthday?
Some new level of excitement in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment