Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Lesbian Life




My Lesbian Life







When I was a child, about 6, we used to have neighborhood “weddings” on the steps of the Baptist Church on our street. The girls wore their mothers’ lace curtains as veils. I, however, was ALWAYS the priest. Pretty weird, considering I was a Catholic kid and never even knew a “Protestant”.


I kissed a girl when I was 11, I kissed a boy a few months later. Oh yea, there WAS a difference! I never turned back. Yes, I dated a guy in High School, just so I could hang out with my friends.


I went to Nursing School and never lost that feeling that I had a religious vocation. I was on a Retreat with a Religious Order I was considering, and there she was! She was playing a guitar with some of the Sisters. She was shy, sweet and stole my heart. We both became Nuns, became close friends, neither knowing we were falling in love, too afraid to talk about it. I didn’t even know if she was a Lesbian. After 3 years I left the Community, She stayed. We kept in touch for 8 years, We both decided we needed to get on with our lives, without each other. I knew she wold never leave the Community and I needed to settle down. For 5 yrs we had no contact. She thought I fell off the face of the earth. The last time I saw her she lived in Buffalo, I was in Boston. 1 day, by chance, we saw each other. She fell into my arms. We finally talked about our love and planned to spend our lives together.
We met 39 years ago, and have been living together 25 yrs now.


By the way, I never lost my Religious call, and am now an Episcopal Priest!


No comments:

Post a Comment