Sunday, July 17, 2011

MEN TRENDS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2011 PT.2/2


MEN TRENDS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2011 PT.2/



It is time for the last part of my short subjective series about characteristic trends in men fashion for the spring-summer 2011 season. Today I will focus only on shorts which are a typical summer piece.

During this seasons two shorts models will be very visible:
First one are very “short shorts” similar to tennis shorts from ‘70. I was able to spot them in many collections. Fortunately they are made from classic cotton or linen fabrics – not some synthetic sport fabrics. Thanks to that  they are more like the old ‘70 sport shorts.
Second characteristic shorts for this season are those with legs rolled up – during production or by the user. Last year  it was neat to roll up long trousers and for this season many brands presented rolled up shorts. I personally do not like this idea but I started to like shorts with… cuffs. Lately I have bought in second-hand some beige Polo Ralph Lauren chinos with a stain on a knee. They are perfect to cut them and convert to shorts with cuffs.
From the left: Bottega Venetta, Dolce&Gabbana, 

No comments:

Post a Comment